A few words about the Ukraine crisis
The Optimist Daily is committed to supporting truth in news and solutions-focused journalism for a better world. The invasion of Ukraine by Russia comes in the form of not only physical violence but also belligerent media manipulation and interference. As we are trying to understand what’s happening in the world at the moment and what we can do to help, nothing is more important than trustworthy news. In an effort to support the people and voices of Ukraine and minimize the risk of a massive disinformation war being waged by Russia, we would like to recommend the following trusted global sources of information on the conflict.
- BBC News: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-18006248
- DW AKADEMIE: https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine/t-17295382
- AFP: https://www.afp.com/en/news-hub
- The Kyiv Independent: https://kyivindependent.com/
- Politico EU: https://www.politico.eu/
- NPR: https://www.npr.org/
- Balkan Insight: https://balkaninsight.com/reporting-democracy
- Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/
- AP News: https://apnews.com/hub/russia-ukraine
- President of Ukraine – Official Website: https://www.president.gov.ua/en/news/all
Please be careful what you share on social media or forward to friends. It has never been more important to check sources, validate information, and ensure we are not unknowing participants in media manipulation.
To those under attack and struggling through this conflict, we stand with you.