How often do you step outside your comfort zone? Chances are that feeling in your gut tends to keep you within the confines of comfortable. This week we challenge you to step outside your comfort zone to find growth and confidence. Still not convinced? Here are 7 reasons to step out of your comfort zone today.
- You may never know what could have been: Your comfort zone is just that: comfortable. But who knows what opportunities and discoveries lie outside its limits. Take risks and you may discover opportunities you never even dreamed of.
- You’ll learn new habits and discover inner strength: The more we push ourselves, the more comfortable we become with it. Soon you will find you’re used to pushing the boundaries of your comfort zone.
- It builds confidence: Setting and achieving goals builds up our self-confidence. Setting goals that challenge us are all the more powerful for boosting your confidence.
- You will be more adaptable to change: Life within your comfort zone is steady and predictable. Getting outside your bubble will make you more at ease and prepared for the curve balls life will throw you.
- It’s a blueprint for success: Success comes from diving headfirst, trying something new, and sometimes failing. Reaching for a new opportunity and looking outside the box is the key to achievement.
- It will make you more creative: New places, thoughts, people, and experiences are drivers of your imagination!
- You won’t have to face regret: It may sound corny, but you regret the things you don’t do far more than the ones you do. Put yourself out there to avoid the big question of “what if?”
Your comfort zone is safe and secure, but life outside of it is what spurs growth, learning, and innovation. Whether it’s introducing yourself to a new neighbor, proposing a product idea at work, or cooking a new and challenging recipe, we encourage you to identify a step outside your comfort zone and take it with courage.