Podcasts have exploded in popularity in recent years. You can find one on pretty much any topic to enjoy while driving, cleaning, or walking around your neighborhood. We at The Optimist Daily even have our own podcast where we read and discuss our top stories of the day!
Meditation can be a difficult practice to start, but once you get into it, it will change your days for the better and improve your sleep quality. Here is a list of top-rated meditation and sleep podcasts to help guide you through the process and relax your mind during this uncertain time.
- Sleep with me: This “bedtime story” app will help you get to sleep faster and has been around since 2013, so there’s lots of content to dive into.
- Sleepy: This is another book reading podcast to help you doze off.
- Nothing much happens; Bedtime stories to help you sleep: This podcast is hosted by a yoga and meditation teacher to relax you right to sleep.
- Guided sleep meditation & sleep hypnosis from sleep cove: This podcast is hosted by a hypnotherapist and has a wide variety of snooze-boosting content.
- Sleep Meditation Podcast: This podcast has tons of different soundscapes including rain on a car roof and the sound of a dishwasher running.
- Get Sleepy: Sleep meditation and stories: This combo offers a meditation followed by a bedtime story making for the perfect bedtime routine.
- On Purpose with Jay Shetty: This podcast features insightful interviews with all types of guests to tackle topics such as loneliness, love, career, and gratitude.
- Snoozecast: Stories for Sleep: This storytime podcast even allows listeners to suggest books to be read on their tri-weekly podcast.
- ASMR Rain Recordings: This podcast features every rain sound you can think of from droplets on an umbrella to the deep rainforest.
If anxiety or worry has been keeping you up at night, try one of these great podcasts to lull you into a more restful sleep.