Earlier this week we shared a story about the benefits of light to moderate exercise if you are feeling healthy, to boost wellbeing during the COVID-19 outbreak. If you’re looking for new and fun ways to stay active while practicing social distancing, look no further, we have a list of resources for you for new online fitness classes to try.
Most fitness studios and gyms come with a hefty price tag, but now, you can try out a wide variety of these classes free of charge, from the comfort of your own home! Here are some studios offering free online classes.
- Core Power Yoga has many of its popular yoga courses and meditations available on their website. Options vary from calm restorative yoga to more intense yoga sculpt.
- Echelon offers both live and on-demand classes in yoga, dance, core, and pilates and is free for 90 days.
- Peloton is also offering yoga, dance, core, and pilates in addition to their well-known spin classes. Their service is also free for 90 days.
- Barre3 and The Bar Method are both free for 15 days and combine yoga, dance, and pilates techniques for their classes.
- Daily Burn has a 60-day free trial of their courses including specialties such as postnatal workouts.
- Gold’s Gym’s Gold’s Amp app is free until May 31 and has an impressive 600 audio and visual courses.
- Planet Fitness offers free classes at 7 p.m. ET on its Facebook Live page.
- Yoga with Kassandra is a great YouTube channel for a wide variety of yoga classes including yin yoga, power yoga, and yoga for runners!
As we discussed earlier this week, moderate exercise can boost your immune system and improve mental and physical health. Give one of these free classes a try to take a mental break and get your heart rate up today. This is also a great opportunity to try out a wide variety of classes and find a studio you love to join in the future!